Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DawgforLife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate Nascar anymore. I hate the fact that we have all these babies in the sport (Tony Stewart). I hate that they allow foreigners to race, I hate that it's now the Nextel Cup, I hate the new cars, I hate that Toyota is now racing, even though they make most of they're cars in America anymore, but still...Toyota and Nascar does not go good together. I hate the pretty boy image that most the racers try to present, and most of all, I hate Dale Jr. Can anyone add to that list? haha </div></div>

    LOL the last few races I have tried to watch I have heard "Jaun Pablo" about a hundred times. I get so sick of it. I dont really hate Jr but I do detest his fans greatly.
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    I can't figure out why you guys say that Nascar isn't exciting anymore.. Look at the finishes they have had this year.. Harvick beat Martin by a fender at Daytona.. Kyle Busch beat Burton by a fender at Bristol.. JJ beat Gordon by a fender at Martinsville.. Stewart and JJ had an awesome battle at the end at Atlanta.. Stewart and Gordon had an awesome battle at the end at Phoenix.. And the ending yesterday was exciting as well even though I hate Gordon.. Go to Nascar.com and look at the race results for the 95 season (12 years ago) and you will see very few races that the top 10 drivers even finished on the lead lap.. Many times it was less than 5 on the lead lap.. These days we don't see many races with that many lap cars.. It is more competitive today than it has ever been.. Back then you could about count on one hand the drivers that had a legit shot to win.. Now there are 20 guys out there that could win on the given day.. I think a lot of people are having trouble accepting the "changing of the guard"? that we are seeing in Nascar now but there is more talent in Nascar today than there has ever been before.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KnIgHt4LiFe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    your exactly right, finishs back in the day were hardly ever as close as they are now, yeah there were some closes ones, but its almost always close now. People complain about restrictor plates too, but the restrictor plates are for the fans safety, and they make the race that much more exciting keeping everyone in the pack close together.
    Pitchers, like poets, are born not made.-Cy Young



  4. #4
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    If I knew all it took was a Nascar thread to pull you out of hiding I would have done it a long time ago... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] How goes it cuz? PM me or hit me up on MySpace man...
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can't figure out why you guys say that Nascar isn't exciting anymore.. Look at the finishes they have had this year.. </div></div>

    It has nothing to do with the finishes, it is the rest of the race that is totally useless, why not just go out and run 5 laps every weekend you would get the same results and the same amount of excitement.

    I would just as soon not watch a race at all if DW if announcing his stupid ass just makes me want to take a gun and blow the screen out.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •